Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Break-Up


As of this morning, I have officially broken up with my skincare regime. To honor my 8 year relationship I wrote my beloved Proactive a farewell letter...


Dear Proactive,

Today is truly a sad day. You have been with me through many hills and smooth patches. I have trusted you with all the important events in my life like photos, weddings, and outings with friends. For the most part you have stood firmly in front of me and been faithful. Like all relationships, I think over the past couple of months I have not treated you as I should. I was not always there for you and then blamed you for my mistakes. I think right now you are holding up some pent up aggression against me and have lashed out in an unflattering manner. Before ,we have spent some time apart, playing the skincare aisle field, but something always brings me back to you. Regretfully, I made the call this morning and didn't just put you on hold for a short time-I terminated my membership (GASP!) Thank you for all you have done and not done for me! I will miss you and your celebrity friends and the fun little box of surprises in the mail every 6 to 8 weeks. I will however not miss the mark you leave on everything you touch (clothing, washcloths, hairbands).

Dear friend, I bid thee farewell and I pray I will be strong and not fall back into my old habits again.


Love,

Me


Alright that was tough, but with any bad breakup you need a really steamy rebound, so please be a fantastic wingman and send me your skincare regime!!!

3 comments:

  1. Literally, laughing out loud! I don't have any good advice, but I did see on Scout Masterson's twitter (one of Tori's guncles) that he is using the Kardashian line and he loves the way his skin looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cracking up!! Okay- now my skin is not the picture of perfect- but I have been having some serious breakouts lately so I just started Dermalogica (the green one called CLEAN) this week and I'm really liking it so far. My friend Natalie has used it for years. I got it at Ulta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brooke! I would highly recommend going to Clinique! You will love there skin care. They are 100% Allergy tested and Fragrance Free. They also have a 100 % gaurentee on all products! I can recommend you some products or give you a great consultant to set up an appt with. Clinque has better clear up rates than proactive! I miss you and wish things would have turned out better... you know friend!

    ReplyDelete