Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Week!

That's right-its Teacher Appreciation Week! I work at a fabulous school that goes all out for us and helps us SURVIVE the last couple of weeks left in the school year. So far, we have had a yummy breakfast, snacks galore, Jason's Deli for lunch, and tomorrow we have a snacks and yaks after school! The kids have been so cute as well. I have received loads of homemade cards and poems (that are beyond adorable), the whole class wore my favorite color to school, beautiful flowers, and 2 awesome room mommas are "taking over" for me tomorrow to relax for an hour. God Bless Them!


Chelsea and Me at our breakfast. I hid my plate so you would not see what a glutenous pig I am!

This week has also been a week of "firsts" for me. I have taught First Grade for 9 years, so not too many things surprise me much anymore, well until this week. I have seen a student taking a #2 with the bathroom door wide open and not really care or get embarrassed, I heard a cell phone ringing from a first graders backpack, and we have adopted some new baby kitties in the front bushes of the building (well, no one knows we have adopted them but they will be fed by some responsible helpers in the class!) My job never gets old!!!




Teachers, you ROCK!



No comments:

Post a Comment