Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Into the Woods Wednesday!

Here is my new Wednesday title that you will (hopefully see every Wednesday or Thursday)! I am dedicating Wednesday to all things Woods. We are not overly exciting people, but I like to remind myself that we do occasionally have something cool to contribute to the world!

Soccer Super Star
My husband was Mr. Fitness back in the day. You know, never had to work out to look good, never had to eat the right things to stay thin. Well in comes the Mrs. and his poor body has succumbed to being a married man of a wife who does her best to keep my man fed! Mike loves to stay active, especially with team sports. He has been apart of softball teams, flag football teams, and now an indoor soccer team. When he came home and told me he was considering taking up soccer I almost choked! The last time Mike has played soccer was when he was 5 and had a cool permed mullet!
But as any good athlete would do, he went and geared himself up to at least look the part, right?!

His first game began at 10:30 AT NIGHT! I guess people still function past 8 pm, but not in my world! I slept with my cell by the bed in case I needed to pick him up at the hospital. He got home about MIDNIGHT and I faintly remember him saying it went well and about seeing Tony Romo. What...Tony Romo. Now I don't know much about sports but doesn't this dude play football? Apparently, even athletes gain a couple of extra lbs. during their time off, so he does this to stay fit as a football! Thank goodness Mike's next games were at 6:45 and we could tag along! I have to say I was waaaaay impressed with my husband and his recollection of soccer after 29+years and a couple of extra lbs! Even more cool was the fact that we saw a Raccoon and 2 bunnies near the front entrance! Yeah, I bet you thought I was going to say Tony Romo!!! Oh no, celebrities are cool and all, but seeing adorable critters up close and personal is way more awesome!
So here's to you Mike Woods/Pele/Tony Romo/David Beckham"ish" for being the soccer superstar of my dreams:)



No comments:

Post a Comment