Monday, July 2, 2012

New beginnings

To new beginnings...
Back in April my friend Amanda and I had been motivating each other to go to the Y at nights to take some workout classes. 
Side note:
 Amanda is my former co-worker and soul sista!  We taught together at Bluebonnet for 3 years.  To say we had a blast teaching together is an understatement!!!  Over the course of time our lives became hectic with kids and husbands and we didn't keep in "call you everyday" contact.  It never failed though, when we got together, we could pick up right where we left off.
Okay back to the story...
So while waiting for our class to start she mentioned that there may be a first grade position opening at her school.  I had been mentally wrestling for months on where would Luke go to school, Northwest and be in his home district and away from me or with me to Bluebonnet and not in his home district.  AND-I would have the priviledge of paying for him to go with me to Bluebonnet-teacher perks right??!!
So the whole class we kinda stared at each other and I felt a little bit of giddy excitement.
For those that know me I AM NOT a risk taker!  I do not make drastic decisions and like to remain in my comfort zone!  After class we talked a bit more about it and the whole way home I prayed for guidance and direction.
Mike loves new challenges and encouraged me to at least submit the online application, which meant getting references and a resume! What!  My last resume was made in December 2001!
I took the weekend to get all my ducks in a row and hit SUBMIT at 12:00am on Sunday night!  By Thursday, I had 2 interviews scheduled!  It happened very fast! 
The cool thing about all of this was I interviewed with a friend from high school, who is now an Assistant Principal in Northwest and my other interview lasted about 2 hours, just because we were "shootin' the breeze"!
Now 2 jobs offers later, I had a tough decision to make!  Both school offered first grade positions and they both ROCK!   After continuous praying and thinking and pleading with God to help me make the best decision I chose to be the new First Grade teacher at Sendera Ranch Elementary School in Haslet.
I am beyond thrilled to open a new chapter of my career and begin new with my Kinder boy in tow!
Saying goodbye to my "home" for 10 years was harder than I expected.  I played it cool for a couple of months and then the last 2 weeks of school, the reality set in.  I was leaving my family that watched me get married, have a baby, amd make invaluable friendships.
Let's just say there was A LOT of ugly crying during the last couple of days of school!
I will miss BES dearly and will always call it my home, but I am pumped about my new adventure as a Longhorn!



There may have been some "gentle" brainwashing going down!


Registering our new Longhorn at Kindergarten Round Up!


My First Grade team at BES surprised me with a pedi and dinner date!
Love them:)


Leaving B107 was tough! 


No comments:

Post a Comment