Friday, March 15, 2013

Spring Break 2013

Oh snap!  You can tell its break time for this teacher because I actually don't have a schedule or a to-do list and can sit down and "play" on the computer!
I am so thankful to have a job that has scheduled breaks or mental health weeks as I like to call them!

Enter The Woods/McCord/Gorrell family annual Spring Break trip.

The past couple of years we have traveled to Broken Bow, Oklahoma to spend some time "roughing it" or "glamping it" as it should be appropriately called.  This year we hit the jackpot with our cabin!  Huge and secluded and just right for our family!

To sum up the 4 day weekend here are some common phrases: plenty of game play, celebrating, gun shooting, small fish catching, hills of hiking, story telling, tears shed (mostly by me), wet pants scenarios (again, mostly by me!), cotton candy wins, late night crosswords, junk food comas, and all around good ole' fun!

I love this time so much and I don't think it will ever get old!  To spend time being unplugged and fancy free is beyond priceless and I can't wait to go again next year!
Here are some pics from our fabulous weekend...


Happy 6th birthday sweet boy!

Grandparent LOVE

Aunt and Uncle LOVE

Crazy bird on a train

Winner of the world's LARGEST bag of cotton candy evah!

He's quite the poser

Pyro seriousness

No comments:

Post a Comment