Monday, July 12, 2010

Party Like a Preschooler!

Today was the day I have been dreading since March 21, 2007...Preschool! Now, I know most parents welcome this new chapter of their young child's life, but being a teacher I see on a daily basis I see the Good, Bad, and FUGLY in small children! So, I have been trying to block this day from my mind as long as possible. This preschool prep has been in the "works" in our house since April with maticulous planning and coaching on our parts! Lucas has been drilled daily on his name, age, parents names, street name, and his teacher's name! Of course when he walked into the room this morning all he could possibly care about was a tub of cars in the corner of the room. Santa could have been in the room for all he cared and it would not have phased him!
We woke up and all ate breakfast together, got a quick bath (didn't want him to be the stinky kid!), and began the endless photo shoot! When we pulled into the parking lot he screamed, "Yah! There's my school!!" All my fears were gone. This kid was gonna rock preschool, now the problem would be are they ready inside for this Rockstar???????? This week's theme is "Hooray for Disney" so we dressed him in a Mickey shirt for his first day. I'm not knocking the mouse, but on a normal day I would have NEVER dressed my kid for his first day in a character shirt. See, I can be flexible!!!!!!!!!!
The rest is history! He gave Mike and me a quick, and I mean QUICK hug and he was off to begin his wonderful learning journey! I'm sure there will be many more blogs about school once Lucas really warms up!
All ready for school
School boy!
Lucas and his sweet teacher, Miss Nason. She is already a saint if she can get this child to smile like that!
End of the day outside his class door

3 comments:

  1. Oh man....he looks ADORABLE!!! So glad you didnput him in his Crocs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed out loud at the Mickey comment. I know exactly what you mean. Glad it went well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you and Lucas. Yay for a great day at school! I know you are a proud mama today! :)

    ReplyDelete