Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Into the Woods Wednesday-Casa de Woods

Judy House

I have been waiting to post anything about our house(s) for fear things would not happen! Mike has made me swear that I would not speak a word, in fear I would jinx the whole process. We have now starting talking to people about the plans ahead, so I felt it necessary to share with the blog world.


About 3 weeks ago we had a flock of people come to look at the house. In particular, 2 potential buyers that both seemed really interested. They both put in offers and we had the pleasure of choosing the best of the 2! We went from nothin' to somethin' in a flash! The potentials we went with are very eager to get into the house and the noisy backyard was a non-issue for them:)

They put down "good faith" money, had an inspection completed, and are currently working on the financing part and the appraisal. We are wrestling with Haltom City Public Works about a leak in the city water line that they claim is not theirs. Good luck dealing with my persistent hubs! If the appraisal goes well, then we should be signing away on Judy within the next 2 weeks!

Good news/bad news: they would like to be in by April 3rd-uhhhh! Anyone like to pack boxes and haul things to storage:)


New Casa

We were starting to plan a "bail out" plan for the new house. We were given a one month extension before we had to back out without loosing any money. Mike and I have been praying for God's will to be done, even if that meant not moving. In the past few months we bought a Saint Joseph statue on Amazon and buried it in the front flower bed. We prayed the prayer attached with it in the dark with flashlights, and waited for our intercessory prayer to take over. Well, our Realtors wife, who is Catholic, went to church the Sunday before the 2 offers and also prayer to Saint Joseph and what do you know! Thanks Anne and Saint Joseph for the small pokes on God's arm. I think he was a bit weary from hearing from me all the time!


The new house is coming along beautifully! ETA is the first of June. Until then we will be shacking up with Aunt Keko, Uncle Dodi, and Brutus. This is when most of the hard core praying should probably happen! I am looking forward to staying with my sis. I'm hoping she will want to repaint the room we are staying in lime green and put 2 day beds against opposite walls with sunflower bed spreads!

The praying should be focused on Mike,Shane, and Luke. Now they will have 2 McCord sisters under one roof keeping double eyes on them! Oh, this should get interesting:)


Here are some current pics of the new casa...

Front view

Side view of house
Stained cabinets
Staircase
This is Luke's room.
There is a window seat built in which is already giving me heartburn!

5 comments:

  1. We are very excited to have you! I don't know what I am going to do when I get to have real conversations at night!!!

    P.S. LOVE your cabinets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did not tell me it sold right after St. Joseph!!!! That is CRAZY! I'm telling you that thing works. New house looks soo pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new house is GORGEOUS!!! Congrats! I know ya'll are so excited and that you are just envisioning everything about how you will decorate it!!! SO FUN! Enjoy the process!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the things moving right along. Your house is beautiful. I am in love with your kitchen! What fun you will be having in June!

    ReplyDelete