Monday, June 27, 2011

Blog Challenge Day #1: Behind the Blog

For Day 1 of the Blog Challenge I wanted you to know the lady behind the babbles.
I put my husband up to bat to tell you 10 things about me that you may not know and then I created a list of 10 things about myself as well.
Husbands list:
1.  Brooke has a Hershey Kiss toe (I had to change the name of my toe to make it PC, that is not what he calls it normally!)
2.  Brooke worked at Take It Home Video when she was 15.
3.  Brooke was grounded for a whole summer for sneaking out of the house to go meet a boy.
4.  Her nicknames are Booger and Doodle.
5.  She was the driving force behind me breaking out a window at church camp.
6.  Brooke hates touching drains or any open grates.
7.  She loves Hot Tamales in her movie popcorn.
8.  As a child, she had wolf tendencies and it was reported that she would sometimes howl at the dinner table.
9.  Brooke is scared of the Superman ride at Six Flags and once cried the whole time we were riding it.
10.  In nursery school she stuck a rock up her nose for fun and then her parents proceeded to take her to the doctor to have it removed-not fun!

My list:
1.  I always have an escape plan wherever I go in case someone gets all "Godfather" on the place.
2.  I hate touching door handles anywhere in public.
3.  I LOVE grotesque things like popping zits and plucking wild hairs.
4.  I am scared to touch the inside of my belly button.
5.  When I am in a dressing room I will (a) grab the flab around my middle and make it talk and/or (b) do crazy dances to the elevator music piped into the changing areas.
6.  Squirrels are my favorite animal and I have been known to have a secret voice I use to talk to them. Very much a squirrel-whisperer!
7.  When it would rain and I was in the backseat of the car as a child, I would look out the window and pretend I was in a music video and sing my heart out.  Hello-channeling my inner Debbie Gibson!!!
8. Believe it or not, but I was the tallest girl in my 5th grade class.
9.  I am a firm believer that every house should still have a Yellow Pages phone book-to heck with technology!
10.  I am obsessed with things being in their perspective places, like the sink faucet MUST always be in the middle of the sink before I can leave the house.

I hope you enjoyed Day 1 of the blog challenge.  Day 2 will be...
Let's Make a Deal
Empty those purses ladies and let's see what's inside!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! And I may need you to come by and do some squirrel whispering over here, because we have a pack that have taken up residence in our yard. I feel ya on the sink thing too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha- this is funny! I am one of Chelsea's friends...I feel like I know you already from this and we do have a few things in common!! I HATE touching the inside of my belly button- ewwww! Gives me the willies!

    ReplyDelete